Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thanksgiving fun!

Canadian Thanksgiving is only a few days away and I can't wait for all the friend and family fun! I'm pretty sure my mom is going to read this post, so this just seems like the perfect way to mention some of my all time favourite dishes she makes for the family festivities...

First is first... My mom makes the best roasted brussel sprouts. Now you'd think I would mention turkey first, but this little veggie offers all her meaty servings to my dear brother the turkey/bacon/meatball-fiend! Roasted brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes and cauliflower smothered in veggie gravy is totally where it's at!

Tofurky is delicious but gets saved for regular weekly meals... For thanksgiving my mom breaks out the most smokin' Rice Balls. A tried and true Loreti favourite that covered with my dad's tomato sauce is like a little piece of heave at the thanksgiving table. OMG! OMG! OMG!! I am already salivating with excitement.

And Don't forget the Cannoli! I have to remember to bring the dessert! Probably cannoli! My bro will probably bring the Quebon! Only at a lovely Canadian-Italian-Quebecers table would you find these classics mixed together. Seriously delicious!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...