Tuesday, June 12, 2012

NYC Love : Part 1 Inspiration

I'm still dreaming about all the fun Frank and I had in New York last week. It was a week full of walking and exploring and shopping and eating and swooning and people watching and inspiration finding!

I'm going to break up my NY photos into a few posts this week. Starting with some Inspiration shots! The idea was to go on vacation for a week, but how could I not take in all the styles and patterns and colour and not start coming up with ideas for my fall 2012 line!

The photo above was taken of the bright and colourful donut designed benches at Doughnut Plant.

 If there's a surface that can be tiled it will most likely be tiled! We got a bit obsessed with tin ceiling tile while we were there. We're now on the hunt for old tin tiles for our kitchen... but that's a story for another post...

 I guess i could have taken a photo of the most delicious apple crumble that we ate at Magnolia Bakery, but all their decor choices were making us swoon... Love the black and white hex tiles on the floor with the mint subway tiles on the wall... oh and my gold shoes looked cute too.

 Pattern everywhere! What an ornate city. So much pride taken in perfecting all the details. 

 Eccentric multi-tiled wall in Williamsburg

 Colour blocking and rainbows make me melt!

When i have my camera charged and ready to go i can find interesting design just about anywhere!

1 comment:

Shannon @ Hoopla said...

Glad to hear you had a good time Avril! I love that multi-tiled wall and the Magnolia decor!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...